COP25 Side Event: Collaborative Action for Higher Ambition: Linking Government, Non-Party Actors, & Analysis
3 December 2019, 16:45-18:15
Side Event Room 5, Hall 4, COP25 Blue Zone, IFEMA Madrid
Participants from a range of countries and backgrounds will share analytically-informed equitable approaches and policy solutions for economy-wide deep decarbonisation, aimed at raising ambition through active collaboration between non-Party actors, governments, & civil society.
- Emilio Lèbre La Rovere, head of the Center for Integrated Studies on Climate Change and the Environment at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro;
- Marta Torres-Gunfaus, senior researcher on climate and energy at IDDRI, and leader of in-country policy dialogues for the Deep Decarbonization Pathways Project;
- Nate Hultman, associate professor at the University of Maryland School of Public Policy and director of the Center for Global Sustainability;
- Pedro Faria, Strategic Advisor at CDP; and
- Siddharth Pathak, Director of Partnerships at the 2050 Pathways Platform.
The discussion will be moderated by Alden Meyer, Director of Strategy and Policy for the Union of Concerned Scientists.