Filed in Deliverables
Co-design of Macroeconomic and Transition Scenarios
Project lead IDDRI has developed a methodological approach based on transition narratives that allows for the integration of multidisciplinary inputs into a common story. It creates a soft-linked dialogue between the governance aspects of the transition and the quantitative analysis of scenarios, achieving a more comprehensive vision of the low-carbon transformation.
The result is a set of six narratives that will be at the core of the dissemination products and activities of COP21 RIPPLES. These are:
- From Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) ambition to Paris compatibility
- Increased 2030 ambition to Paris compatibility
- Technology-driven transformation to 1.5C
- Behaviour-driven transformation to 1.5C
- Sector-based strategic cooperation to drive domestic ambition
These narratives aim at addressing the following policy questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing ambition in the short term?
- What does it mean to pursue efforts to limit to the 1.5 goal?
- What are the implications of specific countries and/or sectors cooperating to take the lead?